Affordable Cost of Living and Top-Notch Amenities are Key
Today U.S. News Media Group unveiled The 10 Best Places to Retire in 2012 with top locations in 10 key categories that are most often considered as key factors by people when choosing where to retire.
Many of the categories focus on how to achieve the retirement lifestyle you want on a fixed income, such as the best place for water views on a budget (Traverse City, Mich.), an affordable mountain town for retirees (Boone, N.C.), and the best place to find affordable housing (Port Charlotte, Fla.). The “List” by Category:
- Pleasant year-round weather: Flagstaff, Ariz.
- Affordable mountain town: Boone, N.C.
- Water views on a budget: Traverse City, Mich.
- Greenest place to retire: Walnut Creek, Calif.
- A college town for retirees: Ithaca, N.Y.
- Place to launch a second career: Lincoln, Neb.
- Best mix of affordability and amenities: Pittsburgh
- Best place for affordable housing: Port Charlotte, Fla.
- Best place for single retirees: Pittsfield, Mass.
- Best place for recreation and culture: Santa Fe